About This Policy
Shoekicker is a service to help people find their running shoes at the best price. Certain information is collected to improve, monitor, and personalize the user experience, as well as to create anonymized reports on how the service is doing and how we might improve. This policy covers the the usage and retention of all data captured by Shoekicker.
What Is Collected
Here is a complete list of what is collected:
- Some pages allow you to provide information, such as shoe size, shoe gender, or an email address, to drive a feature or personalize your experience. This information is generally collected and stored.
- We use Facebook Login to simplify the account creation process down to a single click. If you login, we may receive and then store a limited set of information from your Facebook account as described to you by Facebook when you first authorize the Shoekicker app.
- We use several third-party services to collect and report on usage of the site in order to improve its usability. Use of third-party services may vary over time and by page, but generally includes: Amplitude, and Google Analytics. For more information, see https://amplitude.com/privacy and http://www.google.com/policies/privacy respectively.
- For security and operational reasons, we may occasionally store your IP address.
How Your Data Is Used
- Information you provide is used to drive several features, such as showing the best price for a shoe or emailing you when you’ve subscribed to a price alert on a shoe whose price has lowered.
- Facebook profile information is used to provide a personalized experience while you are on the site, such as showing your name and profile picture on the page while signed in.
- Your name and email address may be used to notify you of changes to the site, special deals, or other communications.
- Your IP address may be used for operational and security needs, such as monitoring and protecting from denial-of-service attacks.
- Information sent to Amplitude, and Google Analytics is used to help us understand how users are using the site and how we could possibly improve it.
- We may occasionally make available anonymous, aggregate reports of site usage to partners or the public; these reports will not have any user-level data, even in an anonymized state.
- No user data will be sold or otherwise made available to third parties.
Cookies are a standard feature of web browsers that allow a website to store small bits of information on your computer.
- We use a cookie while you are on the site to remember which account you are signed in as, if any.
You may delete your account with us at any time by contacting us (see Contact section below).
- We delete all account information from our primary database within 2 business days.
- Server logs may contain references to your usage of the website until the logs are cleared (see Retention section below). These logs are for operational needs, and information stored in them will not be used for anything malicious.
- Google Analytics does not offer removing of data by user identifier, however, all data in Google Analytics is immediately disassociated from your deleted account by nature of no longer having an account in our primary database.
- Backups of the primary database are made on a regular basis and persist for some amount of time for operational reasons. After your account has been deleted from the primary database, it will persist in backups until backups containing your information have been deleted (see Retention section below). In the event of needing to restore its service from a backup, your deletion request may have been lost; we will do our best to inform users when there is a restore so that they may re-delete their account, but cannot guarantee such a notice.
- We do not store any reference to indicate that you used to have an account, nor that you deleted it. This means if you try to sign back in, we will automatically and seamlessly create a new account for you, possibly giving the appearance that we never deleted your old one at your request. If you would like a receipt of acknowledgement that your account was in fact deleted, you may contact us to ask for one (see Contact section below); if you do, please include the email address that you used to create the account so we may verify it no longer exists in our systems.
- Account information is stored in our primary database indefinitely unless you delete your account (see Account Deletion section above).
- Server logs may contain account information and IP address; these are generally cleared every 7 days, but may be stored indefinitely.
- Database backups are made on a regular basis for operational reasons. They generally persist for only 3 days, but may be stored indefinitely.
If you have any concerns or feedback on this policy, please email email@example.com.